Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pal

Hi all,

Long time no blog...
I know Im terrible. I was on a roll, and then FAIL.

But I became a food pen pal, and to say the least its been an interesting ride.
The first month I signed up (April), I didn't receive a package, so I was turned off a bit.
But this month, WOW was I ever spoiled.
And all I have to say is that it was soooooooooooooooo hard not to dive into some of this right away.

My Foodie Pen Pal was Ayla, and like I said she spoiled me! 

 This is the entire contents of my the package.
 Candied Orange Peel - Ayla included some ideas for this, one of them being chocolate bark. I cannot wait to try it in some, as well as some Banana bread.
 Dark Chocolate covered Pomegranate seeds. (I'm saving these for my 6 year anniversary, because of the advice Ayla gave us in her letter...but I did taste. And I cannot wait for these and a bottle of wine!)
 Plantain Chips - I LOVE THEM!
 Preserved Lemon with rosemary, and chive flower. I cannot wait to try this, I have to wait until June to use it as she has just made it, and it needs to sit. I cannot wait to put this on some chicken. I'm thinking Lemon Chicken with Chow Mein. (my mouth is watering just thinking about it)
 Love Tea. - man o man, its been hard not to rip into this until I took the pictures. But YUMMY!!!!!!!!
 Fig Butter - from Trader Joe's - This is awesome! Ayla went to California, and thought of me! That was the sweetest part! (also the dark chocolate pomegranate seeds are from Trader Joe's too) I'm not too sure what it is that I am going to do with the Fig Butter, but I'm sure Ill figure it out. The boy and I do a lot of cheese and cracker plates on date nights so I might try it with one of those. And well lets face it, if I don't like it, I will just give it to the boys step dad, who LOVES figs.
' Dark Chocolate with caramel and sea salt - 1 word. YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last part, and the best is the Rhubarb chutney - I cannot wait to dive into this!!! Im thinking on Bree, or maybe with chicken?  
 She even included some recipes and a wooden spoon.
As I said, I was spoiled ROTTEN!!!!

Do you want to be a foodie pen pal?  Please click on the picture below, and find out more!!!

And a special Thank you Ayla, this was a wonderful surprise, and I'm so happy to have met you!!!


foodiepal stamp2 Foodie Penpals

1 comment:

  1. I actually just purchased that Chocolate from Trader Joes this past weekend. Had my first bite tonight....omg!!

    Loved your package again! Thank you soooo much!

    P.S my husband loved that it was all BBQ themed :)

    ReplyDelete